Contra Vision has developed specialist and high quality printing techniques which enhance glass with one-way vision properties. From outside, Contra Vision architectural glass is coloured or decorative to enhance the appearance of buildings and provide privacy, solar control and manifestation. From inside, the external facing glass colour is invisible and the see-through is excellent.
Traditional methods of manufacturing coloured glass result in a product which distorts the see-through experience for people inside buildings. This is acceptable in some situations but in working and living environments it can adversely impact on people's wellbeing.
Many modern buildings have a glass facade which is printed with white ceramic frit dots. The dots allow see-through from inside but the view appears milky and grey. With Contra Vision products the experience is significantly improved!
The secret of Contra Vision is being able to print a second layer of dots in "exact registration" over a first layer without any discernible overlap. This means the white or coloured dots are hidden from view on the inside by a black covering, which is much less noticeable to the eye. The black dots absorb rather than reflect light and are dominated by the view through the window.
- Decorative and coloured glass: incorporate colour and signature architectural features to building facades;
- Solar control glass: reduce solar heat gain, glare, UV radiation and air conditioning costs inside buildings;
- One-way vision privacy glass: hide the view into buildings;
- Glass manifestation including a reduction in bird collisions; and
- Screen for digital projections on the side of buildings when the glass is white.